Help us support parents, guardians, educators, and advocates to raise children who are thoughtful, informed, and brave about race. Together, we can raise a generation of children who will make our multiracial democracy thrive!
Join our community of Possibilists
We encourage you to become an EmbraceRace monthly donor or Possibilist. By becoming a Possibilist, you invest personally in EmbraceRace’s mission and movement to create a bold, brave generation. We’ll keep you up to date on the impact of your support throughout the year.
Donate by mail
If you wish to mail a tax-exempt, check donation, make your check out to "Proteus Fund" (our non-profit fiscal sponsor), and in the memo line write "EmbraceRace" to indicate where you want the funds to go. Send checks to: Proteus Fund, Attn: EmbraceRace, 15 Research Drive, Suite B, Amherst, MA 01002. (Proteus Fund's EIN # 04-3243004.)
Donation and Partnership Questions
For other donation questions - whether individual, institutional or corporate - contact us at email@example.com.
We’re thrilled to bring you our first-ever Impact Statement, Embracing the Possible. It’s a window into our EmbraceRace community, including details about who we are, what we do, and where we plan to go.
Highlights from our 2020 survey, with almost 700 respondents, point to the ways in which engaging with EmbraceRace enhances caregivers’ knowledge, skills and motivation with respect to children’s racial learning.
- 97% planned to learn more about how to help their kids recognize and resist stereotyping
- 82% agreed that they knew more about how kids develop racial/ethnic stereotypes
- 96% planned to learn more about how to support their kids’ efforts to advocate for racial justice
- 86% agreed that they knew more about ways to help kids develop a positive racial identity
- 94% planned to learn more about how to effectively speak out against prejudice
EmbraceRace by the numbers
- 200+ original articles and personal stories, 150 authors and storytellers
- 50 Talking Kids & Race webinars, 100 expert guests, up to 9,000 registrants per session.
- 55K+ email subscribers; 36K+ Facebook fans
- Partnerships with national, regional, and local organizations including the American Psychological Association, The Eric Carle Museum for Picture Book Art, Gaming Revolution for Inspiring Development, Conceptual Development and Social Cognition Lab at New York University, and the Prejudice and Intergroup Relations Lab at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.