A Change Leader for Ashoka’s “Start Empathy” Initiative and Changemaker Schools Network, Madeleine Rogin has been an educator of young children for over 20 years. For the past 15 years, she has been a kindergarten and dance teacher at Prospect Sierra School in El Cerrito, CA. She has also served as a summer school Principal for a local public school district. Beginning in the fall of 2022, Madeleine will be the Program Director for Step One School, an Early Childhood Education Center in Berkeley, CA. Her book, Change Starts With Me, Talking About Race in an Elementary Classroom, is due out in May, 2022.
- Webinars: Why and How Educators Can Nurture Friendships Between Kids of Color
- Articles: What is “The Talk” White parents should have with White children?
- Articles: Seeing, Noticing, and Talking About Differences with Young Children
- Articles: MLK Day and the Danger of A "Single Story"
- Articles: Same/Same/But Different. Creating an Inclusive Kindergarten.