Join a Summer Training! Foundations of Color-Brave Caregiving
There are still spots in our July training for caregivers of young kids (0 to 8 y.o.)
Foundations of Color-Brave Caregiving
July 2023 Training: Racial Learning and Unlearning
This is the second offering in EmbraceRace's "Foundations of Color-Brave Caregiving" program, a training series for caregivers of young children (0-8) who are at the beginning of their racial learning journeys or who would like to fill in gaps in their foundational knowledge.
This 4-week training during July 2023 will center on the topic "Racial Learning and Unlearning: Growing our Understanding of Race & Racism in the U.S." Together, we will explore the basic history of race and racism in the United States; what racism today looks like, from implicit bias to systemic racism; our own positions in a racialized society; and what all of this means for how we raise our children to think about race and racism. Pre-work materials and reflection questions will be provided.
The series consists of one 90-min group meeting each week for 4 weeks. As part of registration, you will be asked to indicate which group you would like to join. Please pay careful attention to the group options below to determine which group is right for you. We welcome caregivers who fill parent/family or educator roles.
- Caregivers of Color Affinity Group, Tuesdays 12pm ET (9am PT), on 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, and 8/1
- Caregivers of Color Affinity Group, Thursdays 8pm ET (5pm PT), on 7/13, 7/20, 7/27, and 8/3
- White Caregivers to Children of Color Affinity Group, Mondays 8pm ET (5pm PT), on 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, and 7/31
- White Caregivers to Children of Color Affinity Group, Wednesdays 12pm ET (9am PT), on 7/12, 7/19, 7/26, and 8/2
- White Caregivers to White Children Affinity Group, Wednesdays 2pm ET (11am PT), on 7/12, 7/19, 7/26, and 8/2
The cost of a spot in a group is $75, but to help ensure that cost is not prohibitive, sliding scale payment options range from $25-100. Please choose whichever option feels appropriate based on your current budget. If cost is prohibitive, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Please know that registration is non-refundable and non-transferable.
None of the times above work for you, or your preferred group is already full? Don't worry -- we'll offer more in the future. In the meantime, we welcome you to check out our many resources, subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on social media, and use our materials in other community conversations.
Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.